Alumnae Theatre Company is seeking a Master Carpenter to participate in theatre builds on an ongoing basis. Our season runs from late September through early May, with four productions per season, plus a Festival of short works. (No building required for the Festival.)
The Master Carpenter would work under the direction of the Theatre’s Master Builder and the individual shows’ Set Designer, plus a team of people on construction and painting, etc.
– safe use of carpentry hand and power tools.
– ability to translate a set design into specific scenic elements for building in the shop or onstage.
– some familiarity with drafting and drawing to scale.
– familiarity with backstage terminology and safe working practices, including safe use of extension and A-frame ladders.
– availability during daytime weekday hours is preferable.
– building & painting of a full stage set may take from 2-4 wks weeks, depending on design complexity.
– some off-site time to shop and pick up material/paint/hardware.
This is a voluntary position.
Benefits are: credit in show programs, free tickets to the shows, invitations to opening and closing night parties, and our eternal gratitude!
If you’re not familiar with Alumnae Theatre, please visit our website at www.alumnaetheatre.com, check out the current season, and go to the History page for info on our glorious past.
If you have questions regarding the position, please call Michael Spence at 416-239-7292.
To apply, please email email@example.com with information about any relevant experience and your availability.