Alumnae Theatre Company’s production of The Trojan Women opened on Friday (January 21)), directed by Alexandra Seay. I will review it in another post, but for now, here are some words from audiences who saw it this weekend:
- Saw The Trojan Women on opening night. It’s bloody brilliant! A marvellous piece of theatre you must not miss. Congratulations to everybody involved.
- We just got back from this afternoon’s matinee performance of The Trojan Women. Truly magnificent. It was wonderful – really powerful. First rate all round. We really enjoyed it.
- Congratulations…. a very good production. My friend and I discussed the issues almost all the way home. Unfortunately, the theme is still valid….and probably will be as long as we humans walk the earth.
- I saw the show last night and it’s really amazing… the whole concept of the production and the use of the chorus. I loved it! Hope you all get to see it
- …just blew us away last night… “we were gobsmacked”. Visually the production was gorgeous….we all continued to sit in silence after the final curtain.
- That was a great evening of theatre. I was riveted by the words, the stage design and above all by the performances … so powerful and so moving. What a terrific theatrical event!
- The show was terrific and [Molly Thomwas] the real Hecuba! The show swirled around [her] powerful performance.
So what are you waiting for? If you’re in Toronto, book a ticket and come see it ASAP! email@example.com or phone 416-364-4170 box 1.
The Trojan Women runs to February 4, with showtimes Wed – Sat at 8pm, and Sunday Jan 29 at 2pm, followed by a Talkback. Tickets are 2-for-1 on Wednesdays, PWYC on Sunday, and $20 for other nights. www.alumnaetheatre.com