Passing on a notice that came via Alumnae Theatre’s Twitter account. (You can follow us at @alumnaetheatre)
Gay Play Day is a festival of short plays by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered playwrights, about the LGBT experience. It will run in Toronto on September 29 & 30th, 2012 (Venue TBA). Submission deadline is June 25th.
- Call for submissions…
Gay Play Day is now accepting submissions from playwrights and/or directors for the inaugural Gay Play Day festival which will take place at a downtown Toronto venue on September 29 & 30th, 2012.
Submission Guidelines –
• Each playwright and/or director may submit only one script.
• GPD only accepts electronic submissions in Word format.
• GPD is looking for short plays that run less than 15 minutes. Less is fine, longer is not. Ten minutes would be ideal.
• The title page should include the playwright’s name, the character list and a brief synopsis of the play.
• The title page must also include the company’s contact name (if different from playwright), address, phone number and email address.
• Plays should contain no more than 4 characters.
• Set and technical requirements should be fairly simple – ie: basically lights up and lights down. Your set should also be minimal – a table and two chairs, for example. Nothing is even better!
• Musicals, children’s shows, and any unsolicited longer one-act or full-length plays are not accepted and will not receive a response.
• If selected, each company is responsible to cast and rehearse their own play.
• A tech person will be provided by Gay Play Day for the tech rehearsal and performances.
•Companies are not offered any financial compensation for their involvement, however the festival is a great format to showcase your creative talents.
•A cash prize will be awarded to the play that wins the audience favourite award.
Gay Play Day is not associated with the Canadian Actors’ Equity Association.
Please send script submissions to email@example.com
- The deadline for submissions is June 25th at midnight.
- Applicants will be notified of inclusion in the festival by July 10th, 2012.