Amendment to Nov 27 post: the play Dinner Date by Jessica Moss (Week One) has been replaced by Suzanne Gauthier’s Still Waters. (If you attended the Write Now! event on Oct 21, you might recall this charming piece. See post at https://alumnaetheatre.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/write-now-2012-running-water/)
Here are the writer/director teams – note that the sequence shown here may not end up being the final running order! Saturday Readings updated on Jan 2, 2013.
*** WEEK ONE: Wed March 6 – Sun March 10, 2013 ***
– Revelation by Shirley Barrie, directed by Molly Thom
– Still Waters by Suzanne Gauthier, directed by Stacy Halloran
– Say the Words by Tina McCulloch, directed by Kimberly Radmacher
– Stalled by Eugenie Carabatsos, directed by Kerri MacDonald
Saturday Reading: Falling by Jamie Johnson, directed by Ed Rosing
*** WEEK TWO: Wed March 13 – Sun March 17 ***
– The Deepest Trench by Chloë Whitehorn, directed by Justen Bennett
– Two Actresses by R. J. Downes, directed by Pam Redfern
– Over the Edge by Cathering Frid, directed by Pomme Corvellec
– Pieces of Penelope by Gina Femia, directed by Janet Kish
Saturday Reading: Lullaby for the Abandoned by Rain Chan, directed by Brenda Darling
*** WEEK THREE: Wed March 20 – Sun March 24 ***
– Dead French Philosophers and What We Mean When We Talk About Love by James Papoutsis, directed by Yevgeniya Falkovich
– My Friend’s Best Friend’s Boyfriend by Wesley J. Colford, directed by Joanne Williams
– Eglinton by Anthony MacMahon, directed by David Suszek
– My Red Feather Boa by Flora Stohr-Danziger, directed by Nancy Bradshaw
Saturday Reading: Everything but the Cat by Adrianna Prosser, directed by Steph Ouaknine
SHOWTIMES: Wed – Sat at 8pm; Sat & Sun matinees at 2:30 pm
STAGED READINGS: every Sat at noon
TICKETS: $15 per week + PWYC readings; or $35 Festival Pass for everything. Cash only at Box Office.
Next step: the cold reads next week! An opportunity for playwrights and directors to hear the plays read aloud by actors. No, this is not the auditions – the actors are assigned by the Festival’s Artistic Directors, not cast by the actual director of each play. The real thing happens in January – watch the Auditions page of Alumnae’s website for the official notice in a week or so.