So you know about the New Ideas Festival, right? A longtime highlight of Alumnae Theatre Company’s season, the 2016 Festival (running March 9-27) is the 28th annual! Each year, the Festival producers solicit submissions of short plays which have never before been staged – hence the name “New Ideas”. They can be any genre or style, and submissions come from all over the world. Scripts generally range from 10-40 minutes running time, and only 15 plays are selected. See December 4 blog post for this season’s lineup.
Would you like to get involved in New Ideas Festival and join the fun this year? NIF needs stage managers for many of the 15 short plays. We will provide training if you don’t have experience. Rehearsals start February 1.
• Thurs., Jan. 21: Production meeting & stage manager orientation 7–9 pm
• Tues., Jan. 26: Special workshop for stage managers
• Mon., Feb. 1: Rehearsals begin
• Wed., Feb. 17: Production meeting and lighting demo 7–9 pm
• Thurs., Feb. 25 – Sat., March 6: Tech days by week
• Wed., March 9 – Sun., March 27: New Ideas Festival performances.
Each show runs one week (6 performances), and the readings have one performance each at noon on the three festival Saturdays.
If you are interested in stage managing a play in the New Ideas Festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put Stage Manager in the subject line.
This is a non-union, non-paying engagement.